Join the Stratford Pride Community Centre (SPCC) and CGLCC -- Canada's LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce-- for a highly-engaging workshop designed to help businesses learn how to capture the LGBT+ travel market and how to effectively understand, value and serve your LGBT+ employees and customers.
This 3-hour afternoon session is free of charge.
Attendees will hear about programs offered by Canada's LGBT+ Chamber that will assist you in working with this market.
Presentation will begin at 1:30pm and includes:
· an introduction to the 2SLGBTQIA+ travel market
· an exploration of terminology, orientation, gender identity, and gender expression
· inclusion considerations for 2SLGBTQIA+ workers and customer
· a scenario designed to explore and encourage discussion of what inclusion in the workplace can and should look like (i.e. allyship, inclusive practices, etc.)
· a scenario designed to explore and encourage discussion of what supporting 2SLGBTQIA+ customers can and should look like (i.e. policies and practices, intervention, etc.)
· Next steps: an opportunity to encourage participants to consider and commit to their next steps
DATE: February 23 pm, including 15 minute break.
STRATFORD LOCATION: TBC
Register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating:
· your type of business
· the number of people to attend
· their positions/jobs
· any specific questions/issues you would like to have addressed
The SPCC serves people living in Stratford and Perth County, those who are visiting/plan to visit, and those who are looking for a welcoming place to move permanently. It operates a community centre at 24 Downie St., and the online Stratford Pride Guide directory (stratfordprideguide.com).
SPCC works to advance our community as a progressive, inclusive and welcoming place to live, work, visit or do business.
The centre is a valuable resource for businesses and organizations wanting to learn how to be more LGBTQ-positive in their interactions with both clients/customers and staff.
For more information:
Bruce Duncan Skeaff